CUSE (Chula Systems Engineering) offers a unique postgraduate dual-degree programme which is designed primarily to develop professional managers, engineers or scientists for employment in the industry and business sectors. It leads to the degree of Master of Engineering in Engineering Management awarded by Chulalongkorn University and any of the three options of Master of Science degree awarded by the University of Warwick, namely Engineering Business Management, Supply Chain and Logistics Management, and Service Management and Design.
The dual M.Eng/M.Sc. degrees are designed to develop professional managers, engineers or scientists for employment in the manufacturing and business sectors. At CUSE, we believe that manufacturing should be regarded as an integrated operation including all stages from marketing to design and production and through to final assembly together with the control and management of these processes. The integration is now possible by the effective use of both information and modern evaluation and control techniques in various business and manufacturing processes which utilise advanced technology.
On completion of the course the graduates should:
- Understand the key role which information plays in the operations and control of business, management, manufacturing and distribution systems.
- Be aware of the current capabilities of computer aided techniques in all areas of a company’s business.
- Appreciate the importance of quality and reliability across the complete spectrum of activities associated with business and technology, including the significance of total quality management.
- Have an understanding of the technical, financial, organisational and human factors involved in business.
- Be able to analyse problems and synthesise solutions for manufacturing and operational problems, through a wide range of case studies.
- Be familiar with the system approach to problem-solving and implement business and manufacturing systems using advanced techniques and strategies.
See the schedule of our available modules
See admission for the requirements